As an entirely volunteer run organisation, volunteers are critical to everything ALQ does. Without you, there is no ALQ.
Key volunteer roles include:
- Office work - keeping our shop and office running, fulfilling orders, speaking to public, and helping with admin - even if you only wish to help out for a few hours once a month. We're especially keen for a couple more reliable and trustworthy volunteers to help with keeping our office open on Saturday mornings - even if you can just do a few hours per month.
- Helping with information stalls or other public outreach such as leafleting
- Campaigns and investigations
- Helping online with research, submissions, or letter writing
- Fundraising - from organising events or fundraising campaigns, to hosting your own cupcake fundraiser.
We also require people with professional skills such as:
- Legal expertise (both professional advice, as well as help reviewing new laws or helping put together submissions)
- Technical skills such as graphic design, web site, and video editing
- Photography and videography
- Other skills such as event organising, strategic planning, media, etc.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering, or come along to our next volunteer meeting.
Volunteer Information Sessions and Social Events are held regularly across the year. Everyone is welcome, new and experienced volunteers, and people who just want to learn more about helping animals. We are an inclusive bunch and there is no criteria to becoming a volunteer with ALQ.
- Tuesday 28 February - Volunteer Information Session @ ALQ Office 6:30pm
- Tuesday 4 April - Social Event @ Cat Cuddle Cafe
- Wednesday 17 May - Volunteer Information Session @ ALQ Office 6:30pm
- Wednesday 28 June - Social Event - Venue TBA
- Tuesday 8 August - Volunteer Information Session @ ALQ Office 6:30pm
- Tuesday 19 September - Social Event @ Brewski
- Wednesday 1 November - Volunteer Information Session @ ALQ Office 6:30pm
- Wednesday 6 December - Volunteer Christmas Party - Venue TBA
RVSPs are a must for these events as numbers are limited - firstname.lastname@example.org.