As an entirely volunteer run organisation, volunteers are critical to everything we do.
Key volunteer roles include:
- Shop sales and merchandise management
- Shopping centre and event stalls - we have opportunities available for people interested in vegan and animal rights advocacy. Shifts are four hours per month, on weekends
- Campaigns and investigations
- Working from home on research, submissions, or letter writing
- Event organising - we currently need help planning our quarterly social events, and our monthly calendar of supporter activities
- Fundraising - we are looking for people to lead some of our fundraising projects, including managing our donation boxes, growing our memberships or developing membership benefits, organising raffles
We also require people with professional skills such as:
- Legal expertise (both professional advice, as well as help reviewing new laws or helping put together submissions)
- Technical skills such as graphic design, website, and video editing
- Photography and videography
- Other skills such as strategic planning, media, etc.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering, or come along to our next volunteer meeting.
Volunteer Information Sessions and Social Events are held regularly across the year. Everyone is welcome, new and experienced volunteers, and people who just want to learn more about helping animals. We are an inclusive bunch and there is no criteria to becoming a volunteer with ALQ.
- Wednesday 28 June - Social Event @ Eden Garden Indian Restaurant, South Bank from 6:30pm
- Tuesday 8 August - ALQ Information Session @ ALQ Office 6:30pm
- Tuesday 19 September - Social Event @ Brewski
- Wednesday 25 October - ALQ Information Session @ Brisbane Square Library 6:30pm
- Wednesday 6 December - Volunteer Christmas Party - Venue TBA
RVSPs are a must for these events as numbers are limited - firstname.lastname@example.org.